The 2018 European Microfinance Award « Financial Inclusion through Technology » will, this year, intend to highlight how financial services providers can use technology innovations to expand outreach, broaden product offerings, improve the client experience, and increase operating efficiency, all guided by an unwavering focus on socially responsible finance.
The 27 applications received are all evaluated in a 3 part process:
- A preselection phase which verifies the eligibility criteria and the financial performance of the projects
- A selection committee which selects the 3 finalists
- A High Jury that chooses the winner from among these 3 finalists
The 3 finalists who will go on to compete for the EUR 100.000 Award are:
- Advans Côte d’Ivoire – Ivory Coast
For its innovative digital payment and savings solution for cocoa farmers and cooperatives
- ESAF Small Finance Bank – India
For its range of back and front end digital solutions for staff and clients alike
- KMF – Kazakhstan
For its use of in-house software and tablets to serve clients in extremely remote areas of Kazakhstan
The winner will be announced at the Award ceremony, on November 15th.