14th July 2020
A virtual side event organised at the UN High-Level Political Forum 2020 jointly by the Government of Luxembourg, UN Capital Development Fund and International Trade Centre.
SMEs are the backbone of the developing economies. They have a key role to play in the ability of any country to withstand and recover from the current crisis.
The discussion will explore the following questions:
- How can SDG-aligned investment strategies strengthen the competitiveness of SMEs and women-and youth-owned enterprises and ultimately help economies recover from the COVID-19 crisis?
- How are the UN agencies and civil society organisations that form part of the SDG 500 partnering with the private sector to mobilize significant private investment towards the SDGs?
- How can SMEs in the healthcare value chain address some of the weakest links in healthcare systems in low-income countries and emerging markets?
- With lockdowns and social distancing measures in place in much of the world, how are SMEs turning disruption into opportunity by scaling technology-enabled models to deliver essential goods and services?
- What is the potential to replicate and scale the financial mechanism and partnerships behind SDG500?
The speakers will be:
- Mr Manuel Tonnar, Director for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Affairs Government of Luxembourg
- Mr Jean-Philippe de Schrevel, Founder and Managing Partner of Bamboo Capital Partner
- Ms Judith Karl, Executive Secretary UNCDF
- Ms Doroty Tembo, Acting Director International Trade Centre
- Mr Lacina Koné, Chief Executive Officer SmartAfrica
- Ms Lucia Ditiu, Executive Director Stop TB Partnership
- Mr Navid Hanif, Director, Financing for Sustainable Development Office UN DESA
- Ms Michelle Nunn, Chief Executive Officer CARE USA
Read more about the side event here
To register check the website